Here is what Save Uyghur campaign has already done
- Since many people do not know what is going on, we have printed a 4-page pamphlet in the quantity of 200,000 to inform and mailed to 2,100 masjids across the USA;
- Organized a statement signed by 300 Imams and community leaders in support of Uyghur people, which includes Omar Suleiman, Yasir Qadhi, Imam Maged and others;
- Organized a national congressional call-in day on Feb 7th and March 7th;
- Organized leadership meetings in 6 cities to brief and organize the community;
- Retained a lobbying firm to assist in Uyghur cause along with the Rohingya cause;
- Helped organize the largest rally ever for the Uyghur cause on April 6th in Washington D.C.;
- Organized a protest rally in Grand Rapids, MI in minus 26-degree weather against the visiting Chinese ambassador who defends the concentration camps that China wants to use to make Uyghurs into “normal” people;
- Conducted Advcocacy Day and met with 80 Congressional offices.
- Ran the Fast from China campaign
- Held a panel at the Islamic Society of North America on Uyghur issue.
- We have hired staff to work on the issue.
We are on the edge of a major victory for Uyghur human rights. Please take the time to act on behalf of our brothers and sisters in need.
Justice For All/Sound Vision Team