Here is what Save Uighur campaign has already done
- Since many people do not know what is going on, we have printed a 4-page pamphlet in the quantity of 200,000 to inform and mailed to 2,100 masjids across the USA;
- Organized a statement signed by 300 Imams in support of Uighur people, which includes Omar Suleiman, Yasir Qadhi, Imam Maged and others;
- Organized a national congressional call-in day on Feb 7th and March 7th;
- Organized leadership meetings in 6 cities to brief and organize the community;
- Retained a lobbying firm to assist in Uighur cause along with the Rohingya cause;
- Helped organize the largest rally ever for the Uighur cause on April 6th in Washington D.C.;
- Organized a protest rally in Grand Rapids, MI in minus 26-degree weather against the visiting Chinese ambassador who defends the concentration camps that China wants to use to make Uighurs into “normal” people;
- We have hired a part-time staff and looking for another staff member to focus on this issue.
We are on the edge of a major victory for Uighur human rights. Please take the time to act on behalf of our brothers and sisters in need.
Sound Vision Team