The Save Uighur campaign congratulates the European Parliament for their new resolution regarding China’s repression…
The Save Uighur campaign under Justice For All sends a sincere thank you to Senator Menendez (D-NJ) and Senator Cornyn (R-TX) for introducing a bipartisan resolution on October 26th, 2020 designating the crisis in East Turkestan as a genocide. Working hard to amplify how the crisis meets all 5 UN conditions under the Genocide Convention, Justice For All lauds this much needed move to further hold China accountable for its genocide on Uighurs and other Turkic people.
The terminology of a situation matters. We hope that this genocide designation expedites the international intervention needed to stop this atrocity. Justice For All calls on all representatives and senators to co-sponsor this bill as soon as possible.
In August, Justice For All released an eye-opening report walking through the criteria for genocide set forth by the Geneva Convention and how the situation fulfills each condition.
- Killing members of the group.
- Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group.
- Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions for life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part.
- Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group.
- Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.
The full report examines each part of the Geneva Convention mentioned above and highlights evidence demonstrating the Chinese government’s leadership of the largest mass detention of people since the holocaust.